The Reverend E.B. Willimas was born the only son of Sister Lcona Owens and Mr. ER. Williams in Jonesboro, Arkansas. The Reverend Williamshad been a minister of the gospel all of his life. He had been preaching since he was five years old in his home town. He was taken to the pulpit by his mother during his childhood preaching assignments. The Reverend Williams was affectionately known by friends and family as the Reverend "Too-sweet." Reverend Too-sweet was a very gregarious and friendly person. Reverend El Williams was groomed as a baptist minister who heard the gospel message of salvation in Jesus. Believing initially that this was an error of the holiness church, through his own research was convinced that the message was true. In 1946, he was baptized in Jesus Name.
At the age of nineteen, the year 1951, Reverend Williams established a holiness church in Memphis, Tennessee. He pastored this church until 1956 when he moved to Toledo, Ohio, at the age of twenty-four years old. Upon arriving in Toledo, he began a prayer service in his home in South Toledo on Charles Street. Having many friends in Toledo, he began to preach among them. He had special friends among baptists, and holiness churches, such as the Fire-Baptized Churches, The Church of the Living God, and Pentecostal Churches. He formed a new church in the city called The True Church of God of the Apostolic Faith. The Church was housed on Charles Street in South Toledo for a period of time. The Church petitioned the State of Ohio to be recognized as a church in Toledo, Ohio, and was granted recognition February 12, 1957. The Reverend Williams, who became Elder Williams in 1951, was now, the Elder Williams, Elder Williams during the first convention of The True Church held on Nebraska Avenue, To- ledo, Ohio was consecrated an Apostle to the church and consecrated as its first bishop in 1957.
The Reverend Williams, who became Elder Williams in 1951, was now, the Elder Williams. Elder Williams during the first convention of The True Church held on Nebraska Avenue, To- ledo, Ohio was consecrated an Apostle to the church and consecrated as its first bishop in 1957. The new church was at many different worship sites before it was finally secured in its own edifice, the former B'nai Israel Temple, at 2146 North Twelfth Street, Toledo, Ohio. The Temple became the seat of authority for everything that is the True Church of God. This temple was purchased April 22, 1964, and the financial obligation was retired in 1969, and is still the Headquarters Church for The True Church of God universally. Until the permanent house of worship was secured, the apostolic work of this youthful, energetic, spiritual, and anointed and gifted spiritually man began. Apostle Williams was consecrated by Bishop O'Hara of Cleveland, Ohio. In 1958, Elder EW Waiters joined the True Church, Bishop C.G. Likes of Dearborne, Michigan became the True Church bishops. Elder Romer Sandridge connected himself to this gifted man of God. Congrega- tions in Jellico, Tennessee, Totz Kentucky, Rochester, New York, Jamaica W.1. and England UK. were restored and established by the anointed preaching of Apostle Williams. Apostle Williams served the Church until his death June 17, 1976.